• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Work on Valence 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Work on Valence 6

As someone around when Valence was using Extjs 3, this was by far the easiest new version to implement. No issues at all with browser cache and apps needing to be refactored due to CSS styling changes, a big problem with Val 4 to 5 upgrade. I recompiled my programs and everything just works. Great job guys!

Thanks for that feedback! A lot of effort went into making the transition as smooth as possible this time.

Comment

I'm suspecting I introduced my own cache issues in past (especially the 5.1 to 5.2) by playing a shell game with the port number when going to production. Meaning, I reuse the :7040 port because everyone has it saved on browser Favorites, especially shop floor guys. So I'll alter the port on the Apache config. I realized this time that was causing the cache issues.

From now on I'll just bite the bullet and implement with new port. Very, very strange distortions when cache implements part of two different styling schemes. Easy to fix by clearing cache but very few users understand that yet, especially shop floor guys.

Comment

Working...
      X