• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android Mobile App Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Mobile App Access

Hi,

I've downloaded a Valence Portal app for Android, and don't seem to be able to establish an IBM i connection.

So, when I open the app, first thing popped up is a New Connection form.

I type http://idevusrxxx.idevcloud.com for Web Address (url), xxx being my "user number" as assigned by idevcloud, and 7050 for Port.

When I hit Save, I see message: "Invalid Connection. Cannot connect to Idevcloud".

I have no problem getting to Valence port from desktop as idevusrxxx.idevcloud.com:7050

Any clue as to what might be wrong/missing for me?
    Last edited by alexkra; 01-10-2017, 09:56 PM.

No problem with the iPhone app. Created a connection and successfully logged on.

Comment

Could you please email support@cnxcorp.com. We would like to get the connection information so that we can analyze the possible issue.

Thanks

Comment

I was able to isolate the issue after Johnny e-mailed me his screenshot of successful Android connection to my system.

It appears that when the url is directly typed in the box, the connection is saved and works fine. The trouble starts when the url string is picked up from the "suggestion bar" that appears above the keyboard when the url starts getting typed in. In that case, when url string is dropped in the box, the cursor sits a few spaces to the right of the last visible character, and the attempt to save the connection ends with error.

So the solution was either type the url directly in the box or use BackSpace to cut off the trailing garbage if the url string is picked up from the suggestion bar and dropped in.

Thanks Johnny for helping to identify the issue.

Comment

Alex,

No problem. Also the Desktop Portal has an application call Mobile Link Generator. That program can be used to create a URL you send out to the user(s) which contains the connection information so they don't have to manually add it.

For example once you have downloaded the Valence Mobile Portal you can generate the URL then click on that link from the mobile device and it will add the connection(s) automatically. Attached some example screenshots of the Mobile Link Generator.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Perfect, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X