• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vvcall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vvcall

Hi Richard, Robert and CNX team,

I've recently downloaded Valence 5. A short term goal is to build a quick proof of concept for the client. In the past (I believe, in Valence 3), the source code for vvcall was available. This is apparently not the case for Valence 5. Ideally, I would like to put it in debug to get re-acquainted with the core Valence backend mechanism.

Would it be possible to get the source code for vvcall?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
    Alex

Hi Alex,

Though the bulk of Valence 5 is open source, VVCALL is one of a handful of objects for which we do not distribute source, as it contains proprietary license validation code. That said, outside of your own custom RPG programs, the bulk of the back-end action in Valence takes place within the various VVIN, VVOUT and VVUTILITY procedures, which you should be able to step through in your debugger without any problem. There are also several exit program points available in VVCALL now, as documented here.

Rob

Comment

Working...
    X