• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set timeout in nitro query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set timeout in nitro query

Hi,

I am trying to create a data source in nitro query and I am having a timeout issue.

The job in the IBM i runs longer than the front end timeout and I am unable to create the data source as the Preview does not end.

Where can I change the timeout for the front end so it waits a bit longer before giving up?

Regards,

Gloria

Hello -

The default timeout is 30 seconds. You may want to consider creating a new index in order to speed up your response. Typically, having a user wait even a few seconds is considered bad practice (let alone 30 seconds or more).

Depending on the version of Valence/Query that you are running, there is a file named "Hook.js" at located at /resources/overrides/query where you can override the timeout value.

Code:
    Ext.Ajax.setTimeout(milliSeconds);

Comment

Hi,

I am working on speeding up a nitro that is coming up with no results because the frontend times out before the backend sends the results.

I need to understand how long the frontend waits for the backend response.

The Ext.Ajax.setTimeout( ); is commented out in our Hook.js file.

I found in Portal Admin a Data source timeout (seconds): 60

Given that the issue happens when running the nitro and not when creating the data source, is this the value that Valence is using to determine how long the frontend waits?

Comment

Yes, that setting is used to determine how long the data source waits for the response while in NAB or running the application.

Comment

Working...
        X