• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence 3.2 -> 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence 3.2 -> 5

Is there a Valence3.2 to Valence 5 migration?

Or do I have to do 3.2->4.2->5?

- JP

Yes, you'll need to install Valence 4.* first if you haven't already (you can still download 4.2 from our website), then run VVCNV3242 to get your 3.2 data into Valence 4. Then you can run VVMIGRATE from VALENCE50 to bump it into the new release.

-Rob

Comment

Thanks. Any suggestions for front end code for apps still using extjs 3.4?

The 4.2 docs state :

For apps using Ext JS 3.4:

Remove this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs/ext-all.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/vvresources/valence.js"></script>
      Add this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/extjs34/ext-all.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/resources/valence-ext3.js"></script>
      I got that working on Valence 4.2, but the valence-ext3.js doesn't seem to work with Valence 5.0. Should it work?

- JP

Comment

What error are you seeing?

Comment

On this line in valence-ext3.js:
          return parent.Portal.config.Runtime.getLanguage();
          I get error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getLanguage' of undefined:

Comment

Is your application calling Valence.util.Helper.getLanguage()?

Comment

Yes, in onready:

Code:
              Ext.onReady(function() {

//**** Valence 3.2
              	if (typeof Valence.lang !== 'undefined') {

Valence.util.execScriptFiles({			
              			urls: [ 
              				'/www/javascript/language-' + Valence.lang.getLanguage() + '.js'
              			],
              			callback: 'mainline()'
              		});

//**** Valence 4.0	
              	} else {
              		Valence.util.Helper.execScriptFiles({			
              			urls: [ 
              				'/www/javascript/language-' + Valence.util.Helper.getLanguage() + '.js'
              			],
              			callback: 'mainline()'
              		});		
              	}

});

Comment

OK, I see. The Ext 3 support is minimal with Valence 5, notably because support for Ext 3.X is no longer available. I suggest changing Valence.lang.getLanguage to Ext.getUrlParam('lang').

Comment

That worked. I also need the environment name. and I guess I can't use Valence.util.Helper.getEnvironment() either?

Comment

I guess I need to use Ext.getUrlParam('env') to get the Environment Id.

So, to move forward, where do I need to go from valence-ext3.js?

Comment

Ideally, you should look to move your apps off of Ext 3. I would suggest going directly to Ext 6. Shortly, we will be releasing a developer guide document which will show you how to incorporate many of the valence "packages" with 5.0. These packages will make it easier to make your apps look more inline with the apps already packaged with Valence (Query, Admin, File Editor, etc...), if you are interested in going that route.

Comment

The Valence 4.2 Apache config had these directives in there for backwards compatibility to Ext3.4:

Code:
                        Valence 3.4 Compatibility
                        Alias /extjs4 /valence-3.2/ext-4.1.1
                        Alias /extjs34 /valence-3.2/ext-3.4.0
                        Alias /vvresources /valence-3.2/vvresources
                        Valence 5.0 apache server no longer has these directives for the reason you stated. Could you make a suggestion as to the directives for 5.0?

Comment

You could add the same ones exactly as they were in 4.2...assuming that the "valence-3.2" folder still exists on your ifs.

Comment

I have done that and i'm getting error Valence-ext3.js:16 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'injectCSSTheme' of undefined

Here is the line:
                            Code:
                                if (parent.Portal.config.Settings.injectCSSTheme && parent.Portal.config.Runtime.getTheme() !== ''){
                                    Ext.util.CSS.swapStyleSheet('',parent.Portal.config.Settings.themeUrls[parent.Portal.config.Runtime.getTheme()]);
                                }

Comment

We are currently working on providing Ext 3 support within the valence.js that comes packaged with 5.0. When completed you will be able to just point to the 5.0 version of the valence.js for any application. We can provide you a copy of this file before any maintenance release if you wish...just send us an email to support@cnxcorp.com. Hoping to have it ready at some point tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X