• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nitro Query/App Builder - Opening another app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro Query/App Builder - Opening another app

Hi,

We currently use Valence 5.1 and are looking into launching another app (one of our own apps) from within the Nitro app that we create.

I know this is already possible in Nitro, but we wondered whether it is possible to launch the app and also send some parameters into it?
    The example that we want to try would be - when a "product" in the Nitro app is clicked, launch our own "Stock" app (filtered automatically by the product you click).

The ideal would be that our app on launch can check if anything has been passed to it (or check if a property somewhere has been set) and then it would react accordingly.
    For the example mentioned above we would probably just pass a object looking something like - { product: 'ABC123' }.

As far as I can see there is nowhere in the Nitro Query GUI to pass any custom parameters, but I am wondering if there is maybe a way to listen for an event and hook into it that way.

Hope this makes sense. If not then let me know and I can send over a more detailed explanation with some screenshots.

Thanks
    Last edited by hepplk; 01-07-2021, 08:45 AM.

Hi,

On the launch app from within behaviors you can pass parameters. For example on a row click of a grid the launch app window looks like below and you can pass parameters via Optional App Parameters.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 9.16.13 AM.png

FYI, I would highly recommend upgrading to Valence 6 since App Builder has had lots of new features added since 5.1.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X