• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB - Mandatory Filters and/or Apply Filter on Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB - Mandatory Filters and/or Apply Filter on Load

I could have sworn I figured this out before, without doing a workfile exit program, but I can't figure it out now.

I have a table with a few million records. The user will never need more than a couple of hundred of them, and based on the value of the key field.

I define the data source with all records, and the grid to not automatically load data. When the user enters the key (PO Number) into the filter box, it appears that it loads millions of records and then applies the filter the user just keyed.

How can I avoid loading the entire data set and only pull in records based on the filter value keyed by the user?

Thanks!
    David

Hi Dave,

Is the filter configured directory within the filter section of the grid widget?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, I have the filter in the Grid and the option is set to not Auto Load. When I type in a PO number it loads for a couple of minutes and then shows the records. Running the app with the Po in the where clause gives almost instant results, so I think it is loading everything before applying the filter.

I think ideally we should be able to flag a field in the SQL of the data source as a parameter/filter field and not load the dataset without a value.

Comment

Dave,

Please email support to schedule an online meeting so we can take look at this.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X