• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conditional section buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional section buttons

Hi,

Is there a way to make section buttons conditional like row buttons?
    I know that I can make them 'disabled' but there is there a way to make them enabled by an event in that section?

Kind regards, Theo

Hi Theo -

In your case, what type of event would take place in order to hide/show the section button?

thanks

Comment

Hi,
      I have a 2 buttons: create and display pdf report. It's a large and complex report so I do not want to recreate the report every time the user displays it. But as long as the report doesn't exist the display report button must be disabled.
      Kind regards, Theo

Comment

Hi Theo - the following steps should accomplish what you want:
        • Click the Security button (it is on the same row as the Behaviors button)
        • Locate your display pdf button in the list shown and give it a "feature name". Let's suppose that you call it "displayPDF"
        • We want to disable the "displayPDF" feature by default when the application opens. You can do this by either specifying a "startup" (EXNABSTART) and calling disableFeature('displayPDF') or changing the URL of the app in Portal Admin to contain "df=displayPDF".
        • Next, we need to enable the displayPDF feature when the PDF report is created. I assume that your Create PDF button already calls an RPG program based off of EXNABBTN. If so, does that call return a file or a JSON response (via calls to SetResponse)? If it does not return a file then we can enable the feature by calling SetReponse('enableFeature':'displayPDF'). If you are returning a file let us know and we will provide instructions on how to handle that.

Comment

Hi Sean,

Thanks, that will do.
          enableFeature('displayPDF') was what I was looking for.
          SetReponse('enableFeature':'displayPDF') works for me.

Thanks, Theo

Comment

Working...
          X