• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assign an On-Click action to a URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assign an On-Click action to a URL

I have a grid that displays a tracking number in one column. I would like to be able to add a button column or click on the actual tracking number column to open the carriers tracking site (passing in the tracking number)...

I can't seem to find any documentation or videos on "URL" portion of the On Click utility.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

TIA

I would think you would want to use the URL utility widget. Here is information on how to access the utility widgets and here is a developer diaries session we use the URL widget.

Comment

Thanks... but something isn't working quite correctly.
      I added the Utility Widget to my app. But I don't have the "App Variables" button?

I'm running version 5.2.20200611.0

Comment

If you already have beta features enabled via Portal Admin then you need to update to the latest 5.2+. I can't remember when app variables on URL widget was added. Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 9.26.20 AM.png

Comment

OK. I've made that available and setup the variable for the URL

I'm trying to do a URL Popup from the grid where the the URL will contain
          https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1={F1_TRK_NBR}

When the window opens it contains the :( icon. However, debug shows the correct URL with the tracking number. I can right click on it in debug and open it in a new window.

Code:
          www.usps.com refused to connect.
          Seems this is related to the URL itself
          Last edited by gwilburn; 08-07-2020, 01:58 PM. Reason: This seems to be URL specific

Comment

So why do some URL's work with the URL Widget while others do not?

Comment

Lots of sites are setup to only be displayed in a frame on the same origin as the page itself so you can't run it within another site. For example USPS.

Some information on it
              Last edited by Johnny Major; 08-12-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X