How to get Valence User No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Valence User No?

Hi Guys, I have an actual Valence question for a change. I'm trying to use vvSecure_isMember, which I've used a million times to see what security group the logged in user is in. I use vvUtility_getCurrentUser with no parms to get logged in user, then feed that to vvSecure command. getCurrentUser returns a 64a varying.

The twist here is I am pulling a i5 Userid (same as Valence Id here) from a file, I want to check vvSecure_isMember with that User. But vvSecure wants a User Id number, not the User Id. How do I get that to feed isMember?

Hi Terry,

You'd probably need to go directly at the VVUSERS file to get that Valence ID. i.e.,
    Code:
    select vvusrid into :valenceID from vvusers where vvibmiuser=:ibmiUser;

Comment

I am adding a link to the documentation for vvUtility. Find getCurrentUser and you will see that you can pass it additional parameters to get what you are looking for. In your case, I believe you just need to pass one additional parameter.

vvUitlity_getCurrentUser(myNumericVariable);

http://service.cnxcorp.com/valence-5...lkit.vvUtility

Comment

Hi Terry -

Don't want to add any confusion, I misunderstood your original post. getCurrentUser would not be helpful in your case.

Comment

Yeah that will work fine, Robert, thank you! I see you even have a LF (VVUSERS3) with IBM i5 Id as key. That opens door to RPG CHAIN also. Take care!

Comment

Working...
          X