• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get Valence User No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Valence User No?

Hi Guys, I have an actual Valence question for a change. I'm trying to use vvSecure_isMember, which I've used a million times to see what security group the logged in user is in. I use vvUtility_getCurrentUser with no parms to get logged in user, then feed that to vvSecure command. getCurrentUser returns a 64a varying.

The twist here is I am pulling a i5 Userid (same as Valence Id here) from a file, I want to check vvSecure_isMember with that User. But vvSecure wants a User Id number, not the User Id. How do I get that to feed isMember?

Hi Terry,

You'd probably need to go directly at the VVUSERS file to get that Valence ID. i.e.,
    Code:
    select vvusrid into :valenceID from vvusers where vvibmiuser=:ibmiUser;

Comment

I am adding a link to the documentation for vvUtility. Find getCurrentUser and you will see that you can pass it additional parameters to get what you are looking for. In your case, I believe you just need to pass one additional parameter.

vvUitlity_getCurrentUser(myNumericVariable);

http://service.cnxcorp.com/valence-5...lkit.vvUtility

Comment

Hi Terry -

Don't want to add any confusion, I misunderstood your original post. getCurrentUser would not be helpful in your case.

Comment

Yeah that will work fine, Robert, thank you! I see you even have a LF (VVUSERS3) with IBM i5 Id as key. That opens door to RPG CHAIN also. Take care!

Comment

Working...
          X