• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB - API error encountered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB - API error encountered

I built an APP in NAB to arrange invoices by future due dates. I added a [Refresh] button to the app calls an RPG program to refresh the data. When I click the button, it does call the program, but I get an error: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]API error encountered: CRTAPUNPAY[/COLOR] NAB [Refresh] button setup.JPGNAB [Refresh] button.JPG
    Attached Files

Hello - Is there a MSGW? Or any clue in the job log?

Comment

I do not see anything in the logs and there doesn't appear to be any messages waiting. There is no errors recorded under Valence [Errors]. I only see this pop up message:
      NAB [Refresh] button popup message.JPG
      When I click [OK] the app works normally. The data is refreshed with the new data in file.

Comment

Good morning,

Should I just ignore this message for now or is there a way to fix it?

Comment

Is your job in message wait if not are you returning the response?

The front-end is showing that message because the call to your RPG PGM CRTAPUNPAY didn't respond or respond correctly.

Comment

On the NAB interface for "Call RPG Program". The action seems to be "Optional", so I am not sending a response back. Is this not correct?

NAB Call RPG Program.JPG ptional

Comment

Any time you're calling an RPG program from the front-end your RPG program always need to respond back. Also, action has nothing to do with the response from your RPG program. The reason for action is so you can have one RPG program handling multiple front-end requests.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance. I had looked at documentation on line, but I wasn't sure how the responses would be handled for the buttons. You may want to add reference in the documentation to example [EXNABBTN] in the documentation for "adding a button" under "hide / show widgets" or a (?) similar to how you have "Intial Program" and "Filter Program" documented. I didn't realize that example was in the example source, but it is a great example. Thanks,

Comment

Ok, thanks.

We do have a link in NAB that shows the example RPG program by clicking the question mark icon in the program field.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 11.19.53 AM.png

Comment

Wow. How did I miss that...Sorry for my ignorance...

Comment

Working...
                    X