• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sencha Architect - Is there a way to pop up a numeric pad for input on a text field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sencha Architect - Is there a way to pop up a numeric pad for input on a text field?

We use an App (built in Sencha Architect) on a Samsung (Tab A), so employees can view/print their piecework pay. The app has an input for the employee # and their password. The app is working but I would like to pop up a number pad when the user touches the input. Is there a way to have the 'texfield' pop-up the number pad using Architect? The app is built using a "Neptune" theme not "Neptune Touch" because the "Touch" theme caused other issues. Below is a screen shot of the app, from my iPhone. It displays similar on the Tab A.

Hustler Pay Inquiry (Valence Desktop Login).jpg
    Attached Files

Something like a popup numeric keypad is technically feasible but would need to be developed from scratch and would be quite involved. Is there a reason you're looking to have a numeric keypad? If you explain a little further we might be able to offer another suggestion.

Comment

The employee # and password input fields only require numbers. Inputting from a tablet will bring up the full QWERTY keyboard but then you need to press a [123] prompt for the number pad. I was hoping there might be a way to pop up the numbers keyboard to save the users an extra keystroke.

Comment

Working...
      X