• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Answered] How to apply a custom theme (created under Themer) to the portal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] How to apply a custom theme (created under Themer) to the portal?

I have created a custom theme based on our Corporate color. I would like to deploy the custom theme to the portal as part of my Valence 5.1 upgrade. Is there any resources or instructions of how to achieve that?
    I am successful in making logo changes via hook.js.
    I know I can manipulate CSS values in the overrides.css under /resources/desktop/themes/css/Portal but there are just too many CSS elements in the portal that I do not know (i.e. name of those elements) of.
    Thanks,

Unfortunately you cannot insert a new theme into Valence. All of the Valence applications (including the Portal itself) would need to be rebuilt pointing to your custom theme. As of right now, the Hook and overrides.css are the only means to theme the Portal. Obviously, the custom theme that you created may be used in your applications. We are going to be better documenting the CSS classes available to override within the Portal. In the meantime, you can use the inspector to see what class needs to be changed.

Comment

Thank you Sean of the feedback, it's unfortunate that the Themer created custom theme cannot be applied.
      So, if I were to make a few custom changes using overrides.css, am I going to use the overrides.css in this folder "/valence-instance/resources/desktop/themes/css/Portal" ?

Comment

Working...
      X