• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Answered] Disabling Split Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] Disabling Split Screen

How can I disable the split screen option?

If you inspect the dom you will see the button has a CSS class of 'vv-ctrlbar-funscn-icon'.

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.58.36 AM.png

You can add styles to that class in your valence instances Portal/default.css which resides in the resources folder. Example location - /valence-5.x/resources/desktop/themes/css/Portal/default.css

An example of adding a style to vv-ctrlbar-funscn-icon that will hide the split view button.
    Code:
    .vv-ctrlbar-funscn-icon{
        display:none!important;
    }
    Why would you want to remove this feature from your users?

Thanks

Comment

I'm getting problem reports of visual issues when people try to close split screen reports. The remaining window does not maximize.

My own split screen button has disappeared and I an unable to replicate the issue. So, I was wondering if the split screen was a user specific setting in a cookie, or server side setting that makes the split button disappear.

Comment

The split screen button only displays on larger screens/resolution.

Could we schedule a quick online meeting next week to see this issue your users are experiencing? We would like to get it fixed.

Thanks

Comment

I have done some experimenting, and I now see that you have to run your browser full screen to get the split screen icon. Even if you run a huge browser window that is non-maximized, the split arrow will not show. It makes sense.

I am still running Ext 3.4 apps, and have been struggling with the move to Valence 5, due to that. I'm sure that the split screen issues are related to that.

Comment

Ok, if you need assistance moving your older Ext JS 3 applications to the latest we do provide services for that. Thanks

Comment

That css change worked great. I changed the dracula.css and metal.css also. Thanks.

Comment

So, I'm thinking that the preferred method would be to modify the overrides.css, rather than the individual default.css, dracula.css and metal.css

I am correct in thinking that overrides.css is not overwritten during a version upgrade?

Comment

Working...
                X