• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Answered] User Access rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] User Access rights

Last edited by robert.swanson; 05-08-2017, 04:53 PM.

I can think of two different paths you could take.

1.) Upon starting up your application, make a call to the back-end to retrieve the authority setting for that user. You could extract the user using vvUtility_getCurrentUser and maybe go to a database and return back the authority. Based on the response, you would toggle the functionality (hide/show buttons, disable/enable inputs, etc....).

2.) Create 2 app records within Portal Admin for this app. Under the "Settings" section when adding the new app, there is input for "Optional Parameters". Set this value for one app as "editable=true". Then assign this version of the app to users who are allowed to edit and the other version (without this parameter) to those who may not edit. Then within your app, use Ext.getUrlParam('editable') and toggle the functionality based off of its value.

Comment

ok, I like method 1... it would be nice if it were part of the portal! :)

Comment

For what it's worth, I've handled that situation by not trying to manipulate the UI and just checked the users authority when server is called to update something. If user not allowed to do that, just ignore the update and return message saying they are not permitted to make changes. Doesn't require any extra server calls or extra code on front end whatsoever. Unless your users aren't sure if they are allowed to update...? For me, it's on stuff like Customer Master. Sales people can update Address info and most other info on file. But only A/R accountant can change terms. I sure wasn't creating a separate pgm just to handle that.

Comment

Working...
        X