• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Answered] Nitro Query prompt for selection criteria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] Nitro Query prompt for selection criteria?

What is the best way to have a Nitro Query that allows the user to select variable data (i.e. a date range).

Example:
    We want to show a chart displaying order processing metrics for a given day or date range. I would like to allow the user to select that upon entering the application (or at least default to the current day and allow the user to change the date range)

You can add filters to the widget and if the field is an ISO date it will show a date picker. If you want to add the ability to set a range choose between for the operator and two date pickers will be shown. We currently don't have a way to default filters.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Johnny Major; 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Ok... Thanks. That's what I was looking for. It's a large data set. I would like to have a user prompted for the date range prior to querying the data.

Would be nice to default to current date, allowing two filters as you show above.

Comment

I agree - default values would be great.

Comment

When Valence 5.1 is released Nitro Query will have the below new features:
          • All chart widgets will have the autoload property just like the grids currently have.
          • You will be able to set a default value for any filter on a widget. If any filter on a widget has a default value the widget will automatically be filtered by that value. You will also have the ability to apply arithmetic and/or functions on filter fields that are ISO dates.
            • ISO date options
              • Arithmetic - add or subtract "X" number of (years, months, days) based on the current date.
              • Functions - if a function is selected it will be applied after the arithmetic is calculated. If no arithmetic calculation is assigned it will just be based on the current date.
                • First day of the year
                • Last day of the year
                • First day of the month
                • Last day of the month
                • First day of the week
                • Last day of the week
          Last edited by Johnny Major; 04-13-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X