• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kerberos - EIM ..with Valence.. how to make it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerberos - EIM ..with Valence.. how to make it work?

Very recent i have the EIM installed on my iSeries . and it works fine for both green screen and IFS-access.
    However i think i'm missing something on the Valence-side..

I have the following in my login-method:
    login method1 = IBM i, method 2 = Valence ; method 3 = none
    and have activated the Kerberos and EIM

i assume that i need to specify another URL or add something in the URL to bypass the initial login window..
    but i can't find anything like that in the Valence Guide..

it is also mentioning the REMOTE_USER environment variable .. but i don't see where that is specified

can someone specify the Kerberos/EIM more in detail?

thx

Thierry

When set up properly EIM will switch the Apache CGI job to the IBM i user before initiating the VVCALL RPG program. When you have EIM turned on in Valence it just assumes that the current user for the CGI job is the authenticated user if Valence finds it in the Valence user database. To set up EIM for Apache please see IBM documentation for the version of the i operating system you are using. Once you can see that the user is switching on the CGI jobs with every call, then you can turn on the EIM in Valence settings and it should work.

Comment

Working...
    X