• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearing "cache" in the new Valence Portal mobile app?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing "cache" in the new Valence Portal mobile app?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question...
    Is there a way to clear "presumably" cached source in the Valence Portal mobile app? I changed the source on a sencha touch app but the app won't pick up the change in the Valence Portal mobile app, despite logging out of the app, closing it, and then relaunching it. (The new mobile portal is pretty slick by the way!)

Originally posted by EvaY View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question...
    Is there a way to clear "presumably" cached source in the Valence Portal mobile app? I changed the source on a sencha touch app but the app won't pick up the change in the Valence Portal mobile app, despite logging out of the app, closing it, and then relaunching it. (The new mobile portal is pretty slick by the way!)
    Eva,

Are you talking about the Valence Native Mobile Portal for iOS? If so, I have not heard of applications not getting the latest. Can you kill the Valence Portal if its running in the background and relaunch it? Thanks

Comment

Hey Johnny. Yep - I'm talking about the Valence Native Mobile Portal for iOS. I tried it off and on yesterday for an hour or so after I made the change... doing exactly what you suggested by killing the app to prevent it from running in the background. I tried it again this morning and got the latest changes. I haven't restarted my phone so that wasn't what made the change show up today. The server instance that I'm connecting to was restarted last night - could that have had anything to do with it?

Just FYI... even though it's a touch app I was also testing it in Chrome on my PC after I made the change yesterday. I saw the change there immediately so I know it wasn't a code problem. The change itself was very minor... just a verbiage change on an alert message.

Comment

Is this application built when Sencha Cmd? Thanks

Comment

No, it's not.

Comment

Hi Johnny,

I am having the same problem described by Eva, in the Valence Native Mobile Portal for iOS, I am not getting the latest changes to the app.
            How do I "clear the cache"? I have tried killing the Valence Portal and relaunching it, turning on and off the iPad, killing the Valence session, but still cannot get the latest version of the app on the iPad.

Regards,

Gloria

Comment

Gloria,

Can you please send the applications index.html file to support@cnxcorp.com. Thanks

Comment

Gloria's problem was not with the portal. Determined it was a problem with the application's code that was causing it to not work correctly.

If your application wasn't created with Sencha Cmd or Sencha Architect and you completely hand wrote it you should add cache busters to the index.html script urls after changes. This will make sure that you get the latest source from the IBM i. By default Sencha Cmd and Sencha Architect, which uses Sencha Cmd, adds cache busters automatically ("?_dc=....").

Example

Code:
                <script type="text/javascript" src="app.js?_dc=20160822.01"></script>
                Last edited by robert.swanson; 08-22-2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X