• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VVMAIL Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VVMAIL Errors

I am getting VVMAIL errors as outlined in the attached image.

What is the implication of these errors?

Is there something wrong with the Valence setup that needs to be fixed?
    Attached Files

Looks like you're missing a couple records in your settings file (VVVSQ100). It's not a big deal, as it works without them, but each time you send an email through VVMAIL you'll see those warnings posted in the error log.

To stop it from happening, just add these two records manually to VVVSQ100:

Code:
    VVSSORT  VVSGROUP              VVNAME                          VVVALTYPE             VVXTYPE       VVMAND  VVMAXSIZE   VVVALUE  
      6.10   serverInstanceOpts    SMTP_MAIL_HOST                  *TEXT                 textfield       0     100         localhost
      6.20   serverInstanceOpts    SMTP_MAIL_PORT                  *TEXT                 numberfield     0     5           25

Comment

Thank you Robert. What about EXITPGM_VVMAIL? How do I get rid of that warning?

BTW, the error screen doesn't scroll so I can only see the most recent errors and I have to go and check file VVERR100 to see older errors.

It would be nice if it is fixed.

Comment

Sorry, I missed the exit program message there. Here's the VVVSQ100 record needed for that:

Code:
        VVSSORT  VVSGROUP              VVNAME                          VVVALTYPE             VVXTYPE       VVMAND  VVMAXSIZE   VVVALUE     
          9.60   exitPrograms          EXITPGM_VVMAIL                  *PGM                  textfield       0     10
        Regarding the scrolling problem in the Errors app, that should have been fixed in release 3.2.20130912.0. Are you on an older version than that?

Comment

Hi Robert,

Valence Web Application Framework
          Version 3.2.20131204.0

We will be upgrading to Valence 4.0 soon, so I can live with the scrolling issue for now.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X