• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

browse window close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• browse window close

Hi
    i'm really struggling with the beforeunload event when closing a browser window.
    any help wold be really appreciated.

i have a parent application running in the portal that can open multiple child browser windows

parent :
    window.open('vvcall.. childwindow...', windowid)

my chilldapp consists op a viewport with 2 formpanels inside.

i've tried everything that i've found on the internet, and of course those examples work, but in my application it doesn't..
    i've tried adding both the window.beforeunload event, as with the Ext.eventmanager but nothing works..
    (i've tried to define on the app, on the viewport , form, main controller;..)

what i'd like to do is before the unload of the child, detect if the form isDirty, and only in that case show a message to the user asking to ignore or save his changes.

is this possible from within the child window?? if yes where should i define the event?? (MVC)
Working...
X