• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identity Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identity Field

I have a table that has an identity field defined in it. It is defined as a BIGINT. When I use that file in vvIn_JSON, the data after that field is scrambled. I redefined the identity field as a Numeric 31,0 identity field. This allows it work. Am I missing something when using vvIn_JSON to get the field to come in correctly? Are there other field types I should avoid using if I am going to us a file in a vvIn_JSON call? Code I am using is below.

Code:
         d TransferRcds  e ds                  extname(MLPFARM) inz
         d                                     qualified dim(1000)
         d DueRcds         s             11  2 dim(1000) inz
         d ii              s              3  0
         d numElements     s              3  0
          /free
           monitor;
             vvIn.variableName = 'DATA';
             vvIn.object       = 'MLPFARM';
             vvIn.totalSize    = %size(TransferRcds:*all);
             numElements       = vvIn_JSON(vvIn:%addr(TransferRcds));

The problem with populating the BIGINT field is a bug in VVUTILITY_PARSE, which we've resolved for the next 3.2 maintenance release. This should be available within the next couple weeks.

Comment

I that a fix I can get sooner? I would rather not change my tables to get it to work today.

Comment

We can send you the pending VVUTILITY source, however there are several other unrelated changes in VVUTILITY that are dependent on changes in other objects, which you won't have yet. So you would have to pluck out just the modifications pertaining to this integer field problem and apply them to your version of the VVUTILITY module, then compile and update the VVSRVPGM service program.

If that prospect doesn't scare you, send an email to support and we'll get the source to you.

Comment

Working...
        X