• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VVOUT multyplying 100 fold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VVOUT multyplying 100 fold

The latest v6.2 build is increasing all our dollar values by 100x. It seems the decimal definition is being lost in translation when we use vvOut_toJSON to send data structure to the web. Products that are priced $7,990.00 are coming out as $799,000.00. This just started when we migrated to the latest release of Valence 6.2 so we've stopped the web functions.

Have you recompiled your programs over the new 6.2 service program? How is your field in your data structure defined? Can we see the code when you populate the value into the data structure field? What options are you passing to vvOut_toJson?

Comment

I have re-compiled the main program that does product catalogues and I can get it working if I drop the cents. The data structure in file object DDS format is:

A R EC1010WDR
      A MODEL 20
      A PRODDESC 72
      A EAN 20
      A COMMENT 40
      A PRICE 9 2
      A PRICEOLD 9 2
      A EXPIRY L
      A SMALLPIC 100
      A BIGPIC 100

It has not been touched for a long time. If I make both prices 9,0 instead of 9,2 it works correctly but it's then missing cents. We don't use cents much but I can't change every program like this especially when it comes to credit card transactions.

The VVOUT command hasn't changed. It is as follows:
      C Eval vvOut.object ='EC1010WD'
      C Eval vvOut.rootName='Product'
      C Eval vvout.buffer ='1'
      C CallP vvOut_toJSON(vvOut:%addr(wdsprod))

Comment

We have exactly the same problem

It looks like the vvout_toJson ignores the decimal positions

See attachment the code in RPG
        Attached Files

Comment

We will be releasing an update today that will include a fix for this. Alternately, you can reach out to support@cnxcorp.com if you would just like to receive instructions to apply the fix yourself.

Comment

This issue is now fixed with Valence 6.2.20231107.0. It's available for download now at https://www.cnxcorp.com/download/get/62. The forum release notes will be updated with details regarding this release by the end of today.

Comment

Working...
            X