• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

App variable display bug on Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App variable display bug on Mobile

On app startup, I run a program to get the current printer so I can display it for the user in-app. While the actual functionality of it all works fine, the variable is only getting displayed on the desktop version of the app. On mobile it displays nothing, but it still has the correct value in the background

Desktop:
    desktopScreen.png

Mobile:
    mobilescreen.jpg

So, does your startup program set an 'app' variable that is linked to a field on a form?

Comment

That's exactly it, yes

Comment

There must be something I am missing because I am having no trouble setting the value of the field based on an 'app' variable from the startup program. However, my test application is very simple, consisting of just a single form, and the startup program sets one 'app' variable that is tied to the last form field, 'Printer.'

If there are any other details you could provide, that would be great. Otherwise, we may need to schedule an online meeting.

nabTestForum.jpeg

Comment

Yeah it might need to be a meeting, the weird thing is that I'm using the same setup for two different apps, but it only fails to show on one of them.

Comment

Working...
          X