• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

autoEdit not getting set on filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autoEdit not getting set on filter

We have an edit grid that we load with a set of records and a number of blank records. When we present the edit grid to the user we set autoEdit to the row # of the first blank record to make it convenient for the user to key in new data. We load the grid data source from within the start up program and set the autoedit value there.. Works like a charm.
    We have a filter and when the user changes the filter we reload the data source and set the autoedit appvar from within the filter program. When the page is displayed the new data is presented but the appvar for the autoedit value shows as 'null' in the developer tools.

So you are setting your app variable to a new value using the widget "filter validation" program, correct? Do you see the app variable come back with the value in dev tools?

Where do you see a value of "null"? What program/action is being called?

Comment

Checked again - in devtools i see the 'null' value but on the wrong vvcall statement. My fault.
      But .. the appvar for autoedit is being set in the filter program when the filter value is changed. The edit grid shows the new filtered data, but the autoedit is not being presented. The line that corresponds to the appVar value is not brought up iin edit mode.

Comment

OK, I think I see the issue here. This just is not supported right now. However it will be on the next update.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info.

Comment

FYI, I see that this function is now working. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X