• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tabbing through a Cell Edit Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabbing through a Cell Edit Grid

Our very first production application was a Timekeeping app, build with an Edit Grid with the Cell Edit option.

Up until recently, we could rapidly data-enter into this Edit Grid by double-clicking on a cell, and then fairly swiftly typing into a cell, tabbing to the next, entering, tabbing, etc. When reaching the last cell of one row, the next tab would take us to the first cell of the next row.

Now, when you type an entry into the last cell of a row and press tab, it still goes to the first cell of the next row - briefly! Then it jumps upward to the prior row all on its own.
    If you are not careful, you find yourself typing into the row you did not intend to.

We are on version 6.1.20230120.0, but this may have been happening for the last couple of releases.

Demonstration available on request.

P.S. It also, on occasion, does not seem to accept all my keystrokes. Usually a decimal point, such as I try to type .75 hours into a timesheet cell and it comes out 75 hours! Sometimes a digit is missed, but usually the decimal. It seems to happen more often (and more recently) than can be attributed to my keyboarding skills.

Thanks for the information and we were able to replicate the editing of a column and tabbing. This will be fixed in our next 6.1 update

Comment

Working...
    X