• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLAP functions not supported in Freeform sql datasource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLAP functions not supported in Freeform sql datasource

Can you please add support for the OLAP sql capabilities in your build data source free form?
    I am trying to calculate running averages over a dataset.
    This is valid SQL on the IBM i but your editor is not letting it pass.
    olap snip.png

Thanks for the information and this will be available in the next 6.1 update; If you're on the latest 6.1 "6.1.20221219" and would like a patch please reach out to support

Comment

I was able to download the quick patch and apply. It seems to recognize the olap functions now. It does not recognize the "unbounded" keyword. Please support this keyword as well. thanks

olap2.PNG

Comment

Also I am not able to enter multiple columns to order by in the olap olap snip 3.PNG

Comment

It would be nice to be able to skip over errors in the sql validator when you know the sql you are writing is valid sql. This has happened several times and now i stuck on my project waiting on a fix for something pretty basic.

Comment

We'll take a look at this. In the meantime, you could try creating an SQL View that does what you need, then use that in your data source. The underpinnings of Views don't need to be interrogated by the parser.

Unfortunately allowing a data source to be saved without interrogation by the parser is not possible, as NAB needs to know exactly where to inject filters, sort columns, etc., depending on widget configurations.
            Last edited by robert.swanson; 01-02-2023, 01:05 PM.

Comment

FYI, the issues with the SQL parser recognizing your olap syntax should be resolved as of the latest build, which you can download now.

Comment

Working...
              X