• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBM i Dashboard app - minor bugs LOW PTY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM i Dashboard app - minor bugs LOW PTY!

1. The refresh button on the IBM i user widget doesn't seem to work. It appears to be greyed out unless you enter a page number. Paging in the IBM i users widget does not seem to work either. Only a limited number of user profiles are listed and no way to page
    2. IBM i users widget: sorting on Security Officer does not work
    3. CPU always says 0%, total jobs and active jobs are static with no available refresh button or auto-refresh. JOBQ information does not auto-refresh nor is there a refresh button in that widget
    4. Please add a subsystem filter & field in the JOBQ thing

I rarely use this app and it's not a priority by any stretch of the imagination, but apps that come with Valence out of the box should work, and should work well -- it may leave a bad first impression...

Thanks for the heads up. We were actually considering maybe removing this app (along with most of the other NAB example apps) as they have all become a bit stale. We would be providing new sample applications though.

Comment

I know Sean responded already but I have concerns with #1 since we see no issues with paging or refreshing of the user list. What browser are you using to run the example application? Could you share a screenshot of the user list?

As for the CPU maybe your system CPU is always low since it just hitting "qsys2.system_status_info"

Sorting of Sec Officer that will be handled in the next update but as Sean already stated these "example" applications may be removed in the future;

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Major View Post
        I know Sean responded already but I have concerns with #1 since we see no issues with paging or refreshing of the user list. What browser are you using to run the example application? Could you share a screenshot of the user list?

As for the CPU maybe your system CPU is always low since it just hitting "qsys2.system_status_info"

Sorting of Sec Officer that will be handled in the next update but as Sean already stated these "example" applications may be removed in the future;
        Hi,

Just wanted to follow up on #1 since it’s concerning. If we have a bug on the basic functionality of paging grids I would like to evaluate and get it fixed especially before we do our next 6.1 build.

If you could supply more information "browser/browser version and a screenshot of the user list with the refresh button greyed out and the actual total number of users that would be appreciated

Once we get that information I might reach out via email to see if you have time for a quick online meeting

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response Johnny

I do like the IBM i dashboard app and would vote to get it fixed and enhanced but hasten to add it is a VERY LOW PRIORITY!

CPU%
          IBM Client Access, Old Navigator for i, New Navigator for i.... whatever it's called today... it too shows 0% CPU. I've never understood which CPU% value is right.... WRKSYSSTS shows 19.6%, WRKSYSACT shows 22.5%, WRKACTJOB shows 7.8%, system_status_info shows 0%. Who knows.....

My browser

2022-11-18 13_14_15-Settings - About Chrome.png

User widget
          Only a subset of users are listed. Refresh button is greyed out. Current page number Number is blank. No matter what I do, roll down, sort.... I can never get all users to show

This is the top
          users1.png

and this is the bottom

users2.png

... and that's it.

I'm on 1026

Comment

I lied above. I'm not on 1026. I'm on 0912.1

Comment

FYI, this problem with the truncated user list should be resolved in the latest build (6.1.20221219.0)

Comment

Working...
              X