• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPS LOCK on when logging in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPS LOCK on when logging in

I just laid down 0818. I had asked for, and received, this enhancement:
    • Portal - Login: Added new functionality to inform user if caps lock is on when invalid password entered
    I was excited. Elated, even! Naturally I was eager to try it out

I was expecting to see a message in the sign-on screen but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

You should see a snackbar message at the bottom of the screen...
    caps_lock_warning.jpg

Comment

OK, I see it now. It blends in with my task bar. It's a bit subtle and out of sight, my attention is on the red message. It also goes away with the slightest touch of the mouse or mousepad, even though CAPS LOCK is still on. I was expecting it in the logon window. We can't append "Caps lock is on" to that red "Password for user is incorrect" message or at least make it stay put?

I know you probably can't make it work like the Windows sign-on screen, as soon as you hit caps lock, it says that and it stays put...

it's better than what we had before. Thank you!

Comment

I agree it's an easy message to miss... We'll see if we can improve on the caps lock notification in the next build.

Comment

The next update will have an icon in the password field to represent when the caps lock is on.

Comment

Working...
          X