• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple behaviors not working in my NAB app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple behaviors not working in my NAB app

I have an app that has a Form widget. In my widget, I have a button that was opening a URL. That was working fine. I watch the developer diaries #011 where its shown how to make the form buttons dynamic using the feature name and helper program. That part I can also get working. The problem is that if I have both the helper program utility and the URL behavior set on a button in the form, the URL activity doesn't;t work anymore. The helper program runs and my dynamic button turns on, but no URL.
    The point of the form is to have some information, and there is a button that will launch our content management system and display a document. The helper program turns on a button to acknowledge that the user looked at the document.
    Both the behavior work on their own, but if they are both under a "On Click" activity, the URL doesn't work.
    I even tried putting the URL activity under the success=True option after running my helper program. Still didn't work. Please Help.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

What is LFRTRTSHLP? Is that based off of a "form helper" program (EXNABFHLP)? Or is it based off of EXNABBTN?

Comment

Hello Sean, LFRTRTSHLP is built of the Form Helper program. That works as expected. I have it turn a hidden button or feature on after a button click. I also want that same button click to open a URL and that is what is not working. Before I added the helper program, my button would open the URL just fine.
      So I tried to have the URL action happen with on click as well as when the sucess=true from the helper program. Neither of those options worked.

Comment

The form helper program is only meant to be attached to a form. When using the "Call RPG Program" behavior, your template should come from EXNABBTN. I suspect the issue is that the form helper program is not sending back an acceptable response and thus the other actions are not running.

If you want, send an email directly to support@cnxcorp.com and we can arrange a meeting to help you out.

Comment

Oh, interesting. Ok, let me make some adjustments and try again. If I still can't get it working, I'll send an email. Thank you.

Comment

So the EnableFeature procedure is not available in the EXNABBTN program. I have a button hidden that I want to display after a different button is pressed. As far as I understand, my helper program on the form doesn't run with a button click. How can I get a button to show up after another button is pressed?

Comment

EXNABBTN procedures output responses via the "SetResponse" procedure.

SetResponse('enableFeature':'MY_FEATURE_NAME');
              SetResponse('disableFeature':'MY_FEATURE_NAME');

Comment

That was it. I just found another post where you explained this.
                I was confused because the helper program for the form used a procedure, the helper program for the button press, I just need to set the response. different but the same outcome. Thanks for the help. Is there a way to mark your response as the answer or anything?

Comment

It doesn't look like there is...glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
                  X