• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VVERRLOG and the Errors App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VVERRLOG and the Errors App

I just had a sql error on a widget in NAB. The message said to look at the Errors app for more information.

However, the Errors app is showing "No Results", even with the Warnings box checked.
    Even Nitro File Editor is showing no records for VVERRLOG.

However, the DBU utility directly on the IBMi is showing 63 records in VVERRLOG, including my most recent error.

This is our Dev instance, running on 6.0.20210708.0.

What is the exact error message you're getting or did it just say look at the Errors app for more information?

Comment

Server Error

An unexpected error occurred on the server. See Valence error log for further details.

Description: SQL statement prep failure (SQLSTT=42601) - SQL0104 - Token [ was not valid. Valid tokens: ( + - ? : DAY INF NAN RID ROW RRN C.

Error Log ID: 376

... and I can see error row 376 directly on the IBM i file in Valence6D.
      ... but the Errors app shows No Results.
      I have even restarted the Instance, just in case.
      (by the way, I have figured out my sql error; this post is only about the Errors app behavior)

Comment

After looking at your VVERRLOG file (thanks for sending it to us), the Errors app is not showing any records due to an invalid JSON response coming from the back-end. It turns out your VVERRLOG has an invalid character in an error message record. The record was created by the login process when looking for a template user ID that does not exist. We will get this error message formatting problem corrected on the next build.

You should go into Portal Admin > Settings and check the value specified on your "Default user template" field, as it appears the user ID specified there no longer exists.
        Last edited by robert.swanson; 07-27-2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X