• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search on NAB widget auto filled with login ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert.swanson
    replied
    We're unable to replicate this auto-fill phenomenon on our end, but we've added some logic to the search filter that should prevent this from occurring. This adjustment will be included in the next build.

Leave a comment:

• petersioufi
    replied
    This is the first grid application where we use search function. However, even the standard example "Customer Maintenance" has the same issue. Upon launch the grid is displayed in full then, when I click on any any customer, the grid is greyed out, the popup is rendered, the background greyed out grid widget is refreshed with the search inserted and it renders a filtered list. When I exit from the popup the grid list is refreshed to show only customers that contain the "PS" as per search. I tested this by changing a name to include "PS".

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Major
    replied
    Hi Peter,

Does this happen all your grid widgets that have search enabled?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• petersioufi
    started a topic Search on NAB widget auto filled with login ID

Search on NAB widget auto filled with login ID

Hi Support,

Using Valence 6.0.20210322.0 I built a new NAB app to maintain a simple "messages" file. There appears to be a problem with the search field in the top right of the grid widget that continually auto fills with my login ID ("PS") that is connected to the URL of our IBMi which also hosts the valence portal. The result is that I get a cleared result page because the search is auto filled with "PS". This happens both in gaoogle Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Attached is screen shots of the flow showing the problem.

I'm not sure how to tell the browser that the "search" field is not a login ID.

Peter
    NAB widget auto fill.docx
Working...
X