• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V6 problems with creating instances - vvmigrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6 problems with creating instances - vvmigrate

I've installed the V6.0 and now also created new instances (Valence60T & Valance60P)
    so now i have 3 instances.... the BASE (7060), the TEST (6060) and Prod (8060- environment)

When trying to use the program VVMIGRATE in order to copy all the necessary stuff from the Valence52P environment into the Valence60P , i continuously get an error that the environment needs to be stopped.

(The environment was not running)
    When checking this i noticed that a record was still in VVSESSDATA .. (but that record had been copied during the creation of the Valence60P environment from the BASE environment...

trying to clear this record is also blocked !! .. since apparently on this file on key-constraint is used...

i also noticed that a key-constraint from V6 is referring to a Valence52 -.. is this normal???
    Attached Files

Hi Thierry,

The name of the constraint is a bit misleading as it carried through from a prior development instance. Don't worry - it's referencing the correct library.

As for the active session record in your VALENCE60P instance, you can get rid of it by doing the following from a 5250 command line:
    1. ADDLIBLE VALENCE60P
    2. CALL VVANLUSR
    3. F8
    4. Place an "X" beside all records, then hit ENTER

If the instance copy is pulling in VVSESSDATA records we will be sure to correct that in the next build.

Comment

thx.

indeed this did the trick...

Maybe you have to foresee that during creation of new instances, that the vvsessdata is NOT copied from the base-environment .. (and is cleared)

thx again

Comment

Normally that VVSESSDATA file is cleared when an instance is copied. I believe the reason it wasn't cleared in this particular case is due to a new dependent file, VVSESSAPPS, that was introduced in Valence 6. We'll have this corrected in the next build.

Comment

Working...
        X