• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small bug/restriction in show URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small bug/restriction in show URL

When attempting to serve a pdf where the name includes the character #,
    the iFrame flashes briefly with the pdf and then displays an error message "requested URL portion-of-the-filename-up-to-the-# was not found on the server"

Valence Framework 5.2.20191218.0
    Attached Files

Unfortunately, # is a reserved symbol and considered a URL.hash so we suggest removing the '#' from your file names.

Comment

You could update your Data Source to replace the '#' with the encoded value of '%23' if you cant remove it from your file name.

Example SQL:

REPLACE(IFSFileNameFIeld, '#', '%23')

Comment

Johnny:

Thanks. Suspected hash was a reserved value.

replacing # with the encoded value %23 resolved my issue.

Comment

Even better solution- used REPLACE() function over the source column on SQL statement in data source definition.

That way the column value in the database agrees with to the actual IFS object name.

Comment

"Even better solution- used REPLACE() function over the source column on SQL statement in data source definition.

That way the column value in the database agrees with to the actual IFS object name."

jcallahan,

The way you wrote that reply appears you are using the same solution he offered.

Could you give an example showing how your type of REPLACE() function is better than his REPLACE() function.

Thanks,

Comment

Looking back, I guess I understood Johnny's solution was to update the stored value in the database table using the REPLACE() function rather than what he actually suggested.

So yeah, my "even better" is what he suggested..

Comment

Working...
              X