• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System Monitoring : VVSYSMON immediately crashes after submitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Monitoring : VVSYSMON immediately crashes after submitting

Just tried today experimenting with the system monitoring, however immediately after submitting the job, the programs crashes;

enclosed you'll find the joblog and program dump

Attached Files

Hi Thierry, Looks like a Java error... Could you tell me what you have specified in Portal Admin > Settings > IBM i Settings > Java CLASSPATH Setting?

Comment

Hi Robert...

this is what is specified:
      PHP Code:
      .:[ROOT_PATH]java/iText-2.1.7.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/documenttype.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/activation.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/mail.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/MessageType.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/cnxemail.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/cnxpdf.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/remotedb/vvJavaRemote.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/remotedb/mysql-connector-java-5.1.39-bin.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/remotedb/jt400.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/remotedb/json.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/remotedb/log4j-1.2.17.jar:[ROOT_PATH]java/remotedb/jtds-1.2.5.jar:ROOT_PATH|java/tls_email.jar 

Comment

Looks like that's the source of the problem - there are some funky characters at the end.

Try replacing this part at the very end:
        Code:
        ROOT_PATH|java/tls_email.jar
        with this:
        Code:
        [ROOT_PATH]java/tls_email.jar

Comment

I've modified the Path.. and resubmitted the job..

First thing i noticed that looks very weird Is that the job shows 'MSGW' in wrkactjob, but when looking at the joblog or qsysopr or trying the dspmsg in front of the job, nothing is seen that should refer to an error or something in MSGW... (see screencaptures)

When i start a simulation when the the monitoring should send a message, then the job fails again : (i've attached joblog & dumps)

Attached Files

Comment

The VVSYSMON job sitting in MSGW status is normal -- MSGW has two possible meanings in WRKACTJOB. In this case MSGW means it's waiting for a message to occur in another job, instead of the more typical case where MSGW means the job has caused an exception message and is waiting for someone to respond to it, as you're accustomed to.

I'm unable to view the job log attachment here for some reason. Could you please email it to support at cnxcorp.com?

Also, could you please verify that the Valence email routine is working properly on your system by going into the Examples app, selecting the "Send Email" example and attempt to send yourself an email?
            Last edited by robert.swanson; 04-12-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

problem was solved... seemed like during installation some characters were wrong converted when setting the Java_rootpaths in the portal...

Comment

Working...
              X