• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Release 4.2 not showing errors correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release 4.2 not showing errors correctly

I am using sendErrMsg to send an error back to Valence display and the input field is highlighted in red but not displaying the message. Below is my rpg code and a display pic. Please help. thanks.

Code:
    // Or, to prohibit the add due to a specific field having an invalid value: 
    // if (bad_field_value);                                                    
    //   sendErrMsg('invalid field':fldName); // fldName = name of invalid field
    //   return;                                                                
    // endif;                                                                   

if vvIn_num('MTLINE') = 0;                                                  
       sendErrMsg('Invalid Line':'MTLINE');                                     
       return;
    endif;
    ValenceError.jpg

Is the "Invalid Line" message coming up as a tool tip when you hover your mouse over the Line field?

Comment

Yes sir, is that how it is supposed to work? If yes, I'll instruct the users.

Comment

That's how it's working now, but you could adjust it so the error message shows up below the line, which is probably preferable. That's actually the default setting when doing an update on an existing record (via editWindow), but apprently when adding a new record (via addWindow) it's using the tool-tip hover because we didn't set it to work the same way as the updates. We'll fix that on the next build.

To change your app so the error message shows underneath the corresponding field when adding a new record, call up the front-end .xds file in Sencha Architect (should be located on your IFS in valence-4.2/desktop/autocodeapps) and change the defaults for the addWindow as follows:

Go to Views > AddWindow > addwindowform, scroll down to the "defaults" section and click the edit icon, as shown here:
        architect_screnshot.jpg

Change the defaults to include a message target (msgTarget) of 'under', like this:
        architect_screenshot2.jpg

Then save the changes. When you relaunch the app the error message should show underneath the line without having to hover.

Comment

Robert,

I'm not finding much in valence-4.2. I've looked in several others and cannot find AddWindow. See attached.

View01.jpg

Comment

Is it possible you moved these apps from Valence 4.1? If so, they would be on the ifs wherever you actually moved them to and not in the default autocode apps folder.

Comment

OMG! I thought Robert was referring to some sort of template or something. OK, I made the change and it is working perfectly. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X