• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nitro Query bug - excel download incorrectly displays numeric field as currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro Query bug - excel download incorrectly displays numeric field as currency

Valence Framework 4.1.20150617.0

Excel download displays numeric field as currency. Looks OK in screen grid. See attached screen dumps.

CurrD.gif
    CurrS.gif

I started debugging this issue but I have not been able to recreate the problem. Does this happen all the time? Or is it specific to a certain table/column?

Comment

It only happens for this particular Nitro Query. The column with the issue is mapped from a logical file, the field is defined as packed 8.0. The widget contains a US currency renderer for another column. It looks like the excel download is applying the US currency renderer to the wrong column.

This issue is similar to another problem with another Nitro Query that I reported yesterday, where the numeric field appears as a date. In that case, the column with the issue is mapped from a physical file, the field is defined as zoned 8.0. The widget contains a ISO Date to DMY renderer for another column and the excel download seems to be applying the date renderer to the wrong column too.

I would like to send screen dumps with more information, however when I try to upload the .gif files they look very small and are unreadable.
      Is there any other way that I can attach screen dumps showing more details?

Comment

If you like, please send your screen dumps to support@cnxcorp.com.

Comment

I have sent the screen dumps to support@cnxcorp.com

TIA

Comment

Thanks for sending the screen shots. I've spent sometime trying to re-create the issue but have been unsuccessful. I'll spend some more time today.

Comment

Thanks for having a look at this issue. Hope you could make progress. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Working...
              X