• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence functions app.launch() and util.getUserName() not working in Valence Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence functions app.launch() and util.getUserName() not working in Valence Portal

Hi,

I am using Valence Framework 4.1.20150310.0 and trying to use Valence.util.getUserName() and Valence.app.launch({app : appId}) inside an iPad Valence Portal.

Valence.util.getUserName() locks the iPad.

Valence.app.launch({app : appId}) does not lock the iPad but does not call the app either.

Both these functions work fine if I run the app inside a desktop Google Chrome browser.

Would you please confirm if app.launch() and util.getUserName() do not work in Valence Portal.

Regards.

Currently the Mobile Native Portal api's are only supported with mobile applications "Sencha Touch". We are looking at adding api support for "Ext Js" applications to the native portal.

With that said once they are supported your application will have to check if you're running in the native portal or not, because some of the api's in the native portal require a callback.

More to come...

Thanks

Comment

Thank you Johnny.

I look forward to the added api support for "Ext Js" applications to the native portal and will use a workaround in my app for the time being.

Regards

Comment

We have a beta version available. Please send an email to support@cnxcorp.com if you would like to get a early copy of the beta.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X