• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem w/4.1 AutoCode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem w/4.1 AutoCode

I tried to use the autocode and I'm getting an error when I click on the Generate button. Please see attached. My machine is at V7R1, TR7.

ValenceError1.jpg
    Last edited by JosephHarriman; 01-15-2015, 02:17 PM.

Interesting. Could you post what you get when you execute the following command:

DSPFFD WWVALDEV41/QRPGLESRC

Comment

Please see attached.

dspffd1.jpg

dspffd2.jpg

Comment

Thanks, that explains it. Your SRCDTA field is 8 characters larger than expected. We'll adjust the Autocode program to handle that in the next build, which should be released next week.

Comment

Thanks Robert,

I'll go ahead and adjust my source file. I checked the other source files I've created for previous versions and it's the same. Never a problem.

Comment

Robert,

There may be something else going on. I recreated my source file to be 8 less and still got the same error. After several adjustments, I finally used the default of 92 and still got the same error.

Comment

Try creating your source file with a total length of 112 -- i.e., CRTSRCPF FILE(LIB/QRPGLESRC) RCDLEN(112). This would result in a SRCDTA column of 100 chars and should work.

Comment

Thanks Robert, that did it.

Comment

Working...
                X