• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AutoCode not Working Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoCode not Working Correctly

Hello,

I created an autocode pgm using a SQL statement and the generation process duplicated the Where keyword. Please see code below. Thanks.

Code:
           stmt= 'Select distinct wprod, idesc, iums, wwhs, wopb, wadj, wrct, '+   
          'wiss From iwi join iim on wprod = iprod join codes on key4 = '+  
          'wwhs join mrbomdp a on wprod = a.bmitm# join mrbomhp b on '+     
          'a.bmpr# = b.bmpr# and a.bmver# = b.bmver# Where wid = ''WI'' '+  
          'and iid = ''IM'' and b.bmact = 0 and key1 = ''PLANT'' and key2 '+
          '= ''WHSES'' and key3 = ''OK''';                                  
    search=vvIn_char('search':toUpper);                                     
    if search <> *blanks;                                                   
      stmt+= ' where upper(WPROD) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+' or'+            
                   ' upper(IDESC) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+' or'+            
                   ' upper(IUMS) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+' or'+             
                   ' upper(WWHS) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ;                   
    endif;

Does the app work correctly if you change the second "where" in the search logic to "and" in the RPG code and recompile?

Comment

Yes sort of, I do get back data. I just noticed, using the Test RPG Call, that it also needs a single parenthesis pair around the multiple or statements to work correctly.

Comment

I forgot to add that when I click on app to run, the little wheel just spins and that's it. No errors are generated and it does not time out.

Comment

I assume you're getting an MSGW on the RPG program. In that case you should have an entry in the Errors app that details the problem. Please get your SQL statement modified so that it's working the way you want and then post it up on this thread so we can see how we may want to modify AutoCode to handle this condition.

Comment

No sir. I do not see any errors. I let the program run for at least 15 minutes. I finally ended it myself. Here's my modified code. It does return data using the Test RPG Call.

Code:
            stmt= 'Select distinct wprod, idesc, iums, wwhs, wopb, wadj, wrct, '+    
                  'wiss From iwi join iim on wprod = iprod join codes on key4 = '+   
                  'wwhs join mrbomdp a on wprod = a.bmitm# join mrbomhp b on '+      
                  'a.bmpr# = b.bmpr# and a.bmver# = b.bmver# Where wid = ''WI'' '+   
                  'and iid = ''IM'' and b.bmact = 0 and key1 = ''PLANT'' and key2 '+ 
                  '= ''WHSES'' and key3 = ''OK''';                                   
            search=vvIn_char('search':toUpper);                                      
            if search <> *blanks;                                                    
              stmt+= ' and (upper(WPROD) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+' or'+              
                         ' upper(IDESC) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+' or'+               
                         ' upper(IUMS) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+' or'+                
                         ' upper(WWHS) like '+SQ+search+'%'+SQ+')';                  
            endif;
            Last edited by JosephHarriman; 09-23-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

If you run this same SQL command on the green screen how long does it take to complete?

Comment

About one second.

Comment

Working...
                X