• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED] Nitro Source Editor - override root as starting folder permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED] Nitro Source Editor - override root as starting folder permanently

Now that I'm using your Source editor (which is very nice) after Aptana plugin no longer works in new 9.6 version of Rational for i (Eclipse), this jumped at me right away. All my source is in directory on root named "valence-dev51". Since starts with "V", way down on the alphabetical list, I have to scroll to get to it. Ideally I could specify that directory as the "root" in settings, it would then only show that directory and it's children. Rational doesn't do that either but it was more compressed view (Remote Explorer view) and remembered where you were when last in there, no scrolling needed. Definitely not a show stopper, Nitro Source still a terrific tool even compared to Aptana/Rational.
    Last edited by sean.lanktree; 08-16-2019, 04:24 PM.

Terry,

You can right-click any folder under the root and select Pin Folder from the menu. That will give you a way to go directly to that folder instead of just the root.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Well Duh. I had right clicked on a folder and saw all the options available but Pin Folder did not register with me what is was. That will teach me not to read for Guide. I should have figured you could do this already. Thanks Johnny!

Comment

Working...
      X