• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ANSWERED] Front end App or Helper that works like vv_Secure.isMember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANSWERED] Front end App or Helper that works like vv_Secure.isMember

I just hit a spot in an app it would have been very helpful to know if logged in user was in a certain security group before making a server call. I wanted to limit a print (to PDF) function to just HR and not shopfloor or other users. The call to util.Helper.download does not seem to allow me to return a msg saying "not authorized". I'd have to make AJAX call and get that info from server before determining whether to make that call to download. Alternatively, allowing a Success/Failure response to download would also work. But I suspect that might be difficult.

Hi Terry -

Rather than determine this authority each time, why not retrieve the information (isHR : true or false) upon starting up the application and then hiding/showing this functionality based off that property?

Comment

That is a better idea Sean. Or as Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager would say, highly efficient. :D That would allow me to disable Print from even showing for non HR. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X