• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nitro Query Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro Query Question

New to Nitro Query...

I have an SQL view setup for the specific columns/data I want to work with to create a dashboard using Nitro Query.

I would like to define one data source with mulitple widgets, allowing each widget to filter based on a field value. Is that possible? Or is this designed to be accomplished at the data source layer?

Also, is there a way to "copy" a data source and/or widget?

You can add user filters directly on the widgets however that means the data from the data source isn't filtered unless the user chooses to do so. Sounds like you want to have the base filter for a data source different for each widget that is connected to it. If that is true, that is not currently available. However, that item is in our Nitro Query feature queue to add in the future.

You can have multiple data sources that are the same however just have different filters to accommodate this.

Currently you cannot copy a data source/widget however that is another item in our feature queue.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by Johnny Major; 08-19-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Ok... so I'm on the right page.

Adding user filters is fine... but how do I get the filters to display the available values from the data source?

Sorry for all the questions... the new documentation doesn't seem to be available yet.

Comment

Working...
      X