• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vvdatasrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vvdatasrc

I added a no parameter pre-execution to a data source on the as400. When I try to access the table from the web application, it returns an error MCH0802. The issue is that VVDATASRC attempted to call the program with 2 parameters, but the program has no parameters. Is this a common for VVDATASRC to make an external call with 2 parameters. If so, does the call expect a return. Also, could I just place a wrapper between my program and VVDATASRC?

You are not required to accept the parameters. The parameters are:
    • Datasource ID (15, 5)
    • Abort Text (128A varying)
      • If you populate abort text this will be shown to the user via a popup.
    What version of Valence are you using? Can you go to the "Errors" application and see if there are any other details?

Comment

Error ID 574 REMOVE
      Program: VVDATASRC Statement:
      Module: VVDATASRC Message ID: MCH0802
      Procedure:
      getData
      Message Text:
      Error MCH0802 on attempt to call data source exit program JARPAYIND
      Help Text:
      Error occurred in conjunction with data retrieval for data source ID 1027.
      Valence Login ID:
      MEH
      IBM i User:
      MEH
      Timestamp:
      2019-02-14-09.36.52.355000
      Job Number:
      Calling Program:
      VVDATASRC
      Call Stack:
      VVCALL[VVCALL]-->VVDATASRC[VVDATASRC]-->VVDATASRC[GETDATA]

Comment

If you add those two input parameters to your program it should resolve the problem. I suspect your program must be CL, since RPG would tolerate non-passed parameters.
        Last edited by robert.swanson; 02-14-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Yes, the program is CL. It is good to know.

Update**
          I just wanted give an update that defining the input parameters above and adding the Keyword PARM() to the pgm. Will fix the issue. Thanks
          Last edited by hancockm; 02-14-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X