• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Radio buttons in a form - crazy names if returned data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Radio buttons in a form - crazy names if returned data

I have an application built in Sencha Architect with a form where I am using combo boxes and radio buttons. When I save the the form, the responses for the radio buttons and the combo boxes are returning some strange characters in the field where the form "name" should be. Has anyone seen this or might know the cause?

Examples in js: name: 'warehouse'
    Form data: w@rehou$e: J

combo box code:
    Code:

{     xtype: 'combobox',     flex: 0.4,     itemId: 'Warehouse_combo',     fieldLabel: 'Warehouse Loading',     hideEmptyLabel: false,     labelAlign: 'right',     labelWidth: 120,     name: 'warehouse',     emptyText: 'Select Wareshouse',     displayField: 'WHSHNM',     queryMode: 'local',     store: 'Warehouses',     valueField: 'WHWHSE' },
    Returned Data:
    HTML Code:
      	pgm: EXPAPPTSCH
    	action: addRec
    	mode: add
    	VVRRN: 0
    	SUPPLIERID:
    	EXPCONTID: Tina
    	CSQTY: 1500
    	ITEMCODE: 11145
    	GROSSWT: 50000
    	SSID: 111
    	VESSEL: test name
    	NBROFCNTR: 1
    	BKGNBR: bkg11199999
    	PONBRS: po1003001234
    	BKGCUTOFF: 2018-12-28
    	EPD: 2018-12-14
    	ERD: 2018-12-17
    	CUSTCOMM: none that we know of
    	w@rehou$e: J
    	cu$tomer: 11132
    	noc$: on
    	in$#ectno: on
    	#@llet$no: on
    	$e@lye$: on
    	l@belno: on
    	#hotoye$: on
    	tem#recye$: on
    	sid: E30C81B1DD83126493CDB9E12CF1D7C1791E7822925C58486B10D1E2DBB9336A
    	app: 1059
    	env: 1  

I absolutely have never seen anything like this. Are you running your code directly off of the IFS? If so, maybe check the CCSID of the files.

Comment

Yes. I am running it out of the IFS. Why are the other fields okay but only the fields for combo boxes and radio buttons affected.

Comment

I generated the initial application in NitroAuto Code. I noticed that app.js has some "encode" and "decode" functions. I am pretty certain that is where the characters are being replaced. I will call support to see how I need to approach.

Thanks,

Comment

Here is the solution. If you use NitroAutoCode to generated an initial application, then you need to be aware that app.js does some encoding/decoding on several lower case characters where it will replace the characters.

To avoid this from happening make sure you use 'UPPER CASE' when using field names in applications built from NitroAutoCode. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Comment

Working...
          X