• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vvMail question - attachfile path length limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vvMail question - attachfile path length limit

I am getting an error on using vvMail. We use it often, but this one is generating an error in VVMAIL_SEND. The error text points to a Java exception error, but I am thinking it may be something else. Is there a way to get more details on this?

Thanks,
    Error ID 1
    Program: VVMAIL Statement:
    Module: VVMAIL Message ID: RNX0301
    Procedure:

VVMAIL_SEND

Message Text:

Java exception received when calling Java method.

Help Text:

Error RNX0301 occurred during attempt to send email. Verify your SMTP server is started and functioning properly (i.e., try STRTCPSVR SERVER(*SMTP) to instantiate server). If SMTP service is running but not relaying email, that could be a contributor as well. Try CHGSMTPA and verify value of ALWRLY is set to *ALL, or *LIST if your IBM i IP address has been added to the *ACCEPT list via ADDSMTPLE TYPE(*ACCEPT) INTNETADR('xxxx').

Valence Login ID:

STUART

IBM i User:

STUART

Timestamp:

2018-11-06-14.42.24.528000

Job Number:

Calling Program:

VVMAIL

Call Stack:

VVCALL[VVCALL]-->INVCUSTAPP[INVCUSTAPP]-->INVCUSTAPP[SEND_MAIL]-->VVSRVPGM{VVMAIL}[VVMAIL_SEND]

I was able to find my issue in one of the parameters in use of the VVMAIL. I was able to see it clearly after a night of rest.

Comment

Working...
    X