• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to adapt Valence 5.1 to use port 7042

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to adapt Valence 5.1 to use port 7042

For the sake of brevity as to the "why", let's just say I'm forced to use port 7042 for valence 5.1. What changes do I need to make to get all Valence 5.1 features to work (specifically iAdmin) and use port 7042?

Here's what I know (or think I know):
    1. Make sure VALENCE42 web server is not running
    2. Change /www/valence51/config/http.conf Listen statement to listen for *.7042
    3. Change VALENCE51/VVSETTINGS.VVVALUE where VVNAME = URL_TO_LOGIN to use port 7042

I tried 1-3 and not only does the admin portal not work, but neither does iAdmin from a mobile device (using the mobile app, not the website).

Obviously, using the default port is the best approach, but I have challenges on my end that prevent me from continuing to request ports to be open every time a new Valence release comes out.

Any help in accomplishing this task would be greatly appreciated.

The steps you listed are correct, and you should also update the instance record in file VVINST. But with just the three steps you listed there's no reason it should not have worked. Call in to CNX for support if you need to.

Comment

Richard,

I spoke with Johnny. I had the url wrong in the mobile app. The above steps work.

Comment

Working...
      X