• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using validation programs with Nitro Query App Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using validation programs with Nitro Query App Builder

I am working on a project to build a robust scheduling application using Nitro Query App Builder. I am impressed with the application using the latest build. I am building a validation program to validate and to set variables to default values. When I added schedule date to my "Edit Grid" application and made it a required field, I now noticed that all of the other "date" fields in my table also get populated with the same date that I select for "Schedule" date. Is this supposed to work this way? Also, should I use "SetValue()" in my validation progrm to set the other date fields to "1980-01-01" when adding a record to the table? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

This sounds to be a bug of some sort. Do the other dates get changed on the grid after you save the record? Or are the other date fields changed on the form when you change the Schedule date? And yes, you would use "SetValue" for any fields that you want to change/default in your record.

Comment

This only occurs when using the initial [Add] record button in Nitro Query Grid. The schedule date is only date field displayed during the add record. I also tested updates on the grid. The updates appear to okay. Only the dates displayed and or changed are updated with the new value. I will use "SetValue()" in my validation program to set the initial date values and that should correct the issue.

Comment

Working...
      X