• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAB : total unlogic behavior when working with a popup in the hide/show Widgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAB : total unlogic behavior when working with a popup in the hide/show Widgets

I've added a form as a popup,
    i wanted to make this shown when user clicks on a certain button

when i use the hide/show widget it is not willing to save the behavior because no other widget was selected to be hidden.... this is not login in case of showing something as a popup.;

Image 20190103_9.png

Hi Thierry,

We assume you already added a behavior to the button click to filter the popup widget (downstream...). If that's true, filtering the widget via behaviors will automatically show that widget. That is why you see "Auto Show" on the popup -- no Save required.

Did you already add a behavior to filter the popup?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Johnny ..
      Thx for the quick reply.. i tried but i have 2 other issues now ..

1- how can i add behavior buttons to that popup form?

2- seems that the filtering/refresh of the datasource is not working. Image 20190103_14.pngImage 20190103_10.pngImage 20190103_12.pngImage 20190103_11.pngImage 20190103_13.png

to explain what i'm trying to do:

i've attached some screenshots to explain this better in detail.
      i'm not sure what i need to do in order to solve this..

Comment

Hi Thierry - I am not entirely clear on what you are trying to do here. As far as adding buttons to the popup, did you attempt to add buttons to the popup in behaviors?

Comment

Hi Sean.. you are right about the buttons on the popup.. i overlooked this.. my apologies..

However my second issue remains open that the data seems not to be refreshed when the popup is displayed..

actually what i'm trying to do is the following :

i have a grid; when clicked on a row, it opens a form with some extra details from that record (based on same datasource), and i've added some extra buttons on the form to reprint or delete the record.

when clicking the reprint, it is the intention to open the popup and ask the user on which printer he wants it to be reprinted (btw: "printer" is a field in my datasource)
          when i open the popup when clicked from the form widget, it seems that the filtering is not working.. (title from the popup from that form is blank)

as a test i've added a row menu on the grid to open exactly the same popup; and there it is working....

maybe i'm not using the right methods or design to achieve this.. curious how you guys would design this

Image 20190104_001.pngImage 20190104_002.pngImage 20190104_003.pngImage 20190104_004.png

Comment

Hi Thierry - the issue is that your form does not output the fields that you are referencing for your filter. In other words, you must also display the fields in your form that you are using for your filtering.

This is not by design but a shortcoming of the current process. I believe we have a solution for this though. What version of Valence are you running? I should be able to send you a fix for this so you do not have to wait for the next update.

Comment

Hi Sean,

great thx..

i'm currently on the latest (?) version 20181215.2

what is strange, and does not correspond to your response... is that i originally had the (key) fields also on the form widget.. (but they were always showing the value from another record -- the last displayed from the grid-- )

In one of my latest trials i had removed them from the form, and putted them as a title .. but with same result... (that was on the screenprints i attached to my previous mail.)

i first thought that the error was caused because of using the same data source for all widgets, but i had the same result when i used a duplicated data source

thierry

Comment

i received a updated version from Sean, which has solved the problem...

thx a lot

Comment

Working...
                X