• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valence 5.2 - IBM Dashboard crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valence 5.2 - IBM Dashboard crashes

i'm trying some of the examples in the new v5.2

when launching the IBM i dashboard, i receive an error

seems like your using some aliases that are not found on my system..

(i'm on v7.2)

Server Error

An unexpected error occurred on the server. See Valence error log for further details.

Description: SQL statement prep failure (SQLSTT=42704) - SQL0204 - JOB_QUEUE_INFO in QSYS2 type *FILE is niet gevonden.

Error Log ID: 13

Error ID 13 REMOVE
    Program: VVSRVPGM Statement:
    Module: VVOUT Message ID: VV00007
    Procedure:
    VVOUT_EXECSQLTOJSON
    Message Text:
    SQL statement prep failure (SQLSTT=42704) - SQL0204 - JOB_QUEUE_INFO in QSYS2 type *FILE is niet gevonden.
    Help Text:
    The value of the statement is: SELECT jobq , jobq_lib , status , jobs , max_jobs , act_jobs , held_jobs , rls_jobs , sched_jobs , text FROM qsys2.job_queue_info
    Valence Login ID:
    TCO
    IBM i User:
    TCO
    Timestamp:
    2018-06-18-11.09.54.539000
    Job Number:
    Calling Program:
    VVSRVPGM
    Call Stack:
    VVCALL[VVCALL]-->VVDATASRC[VVDATASRC]-->VVDATASRC[GETDATA]-->VVSRVPGM{VVOUT}[VVOUT_EXECSQLTOJSON]

Hi Thierry,

Apparently your IBM i OS PTF level is a bit different than what we've experienced before on 7.2... You most likely need a cumulative PTF applied in order for all the SQL views the IBM i Dashboard App requires to be available.

Just to confirm, could you please go into STRSQL and try the following two statements on your system:
    select * from qsys2/system_status_info
    select * from qsys2/job_queue_info

I presume the first one will work and the second one will not. If that's the case, we'll adjust the logic on the next maintenance build to accommodate that. Currently it assumes if system_status_info exists then job_queue_info must exist as well, but apparently that's not the case on your 7.2 system at the moment.

Comment

Hi Robert..

your assumption was totally correct.. the first sql works, the second insn't..

Thierry

Comment

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. For the next build we'll get a more descriptive error message to show for your particular situation, explaining that a PTF is required.

-Rob

Comment

could it be , that this is not solved yet in the 20180706 version... i'm still getting this error

Comment

Hi Thierry,

You should be getting a different error message now. It should look like this:
            An unexpected error occurred on the server. See Valence error log for further details.

Description: Cannot run this Nitro App until a cumulative PTF is installed. Requires SQL table JOB_QUEUE_INFO in library/schema QSYS2.

Is that not what you're seeing?

Comment

see attached the message i'm getting...

SQL statement prep failure (SQLSTT=42704) - SQL0204 - JOB_QUEUE_INFO in QSYS2 type *FILE is niet gevonden.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This is a bit puzzling to see if you're definitely on the latest build there, Thierry. I'll get in touch with you to arrange a web meeting to see what's going on there.

Comment

Working...
                X