• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nitro Query Download to excel file : still shows vvcall.pgm as downloaded file !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitro Query Download to excel file : still shows vvcall.pgm as downloaded file !!

i think i had read somewhere that this issue was already solved.. but in my case it is still showing vvcall.pgm as download file rather that the excel name...

Image 20171128_12.png

(ps. i'm at 5.1.20171103.0)

Hi Thierry,

We've found that on certain systems there appears to be a problem with how Apache interacts with CGI jobs executing the QSHELL commands that are required to package up the .xlsx documents that causes the download to (1) not come down to the browser at all (an HTTP 500 error), or (2) come down with the wrong file name, as you're seeing. On the next build there will be an option in Portal Admin > Settings to run the QSHELL commands in a separate job, which appears to resolve both problems. This should be available in the next week.

Comment

Hi robert...

just installed the latest release...still the same result ... is it possible that this has not been solved yet ?

Could'nt find this in the release letter either.....

Comment

There is a new setting in Portal Admin-->Settings. The new setting is called QSHELL_REMOTE and it's in the hidden settings section. Click that checkbox to turn on that feature, then try your downloads again.

Comment

Hi Robert,

perfect !!

This has indeed solved the issue !!!

thx .!!!

thierry

Comment

Working...
          X